Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chicken Skin? No More!

Ever since about 12 I've suffered from Keratosis Pilaris, a big name for little red bumps on the back of my arms (they can also occur on the legs, face, etc, but I only have them on my arms.)

They're caused by clogged hair follicles, but no matter what amount of exfoliating I do those darn red bumps just-won't-die!!!

For all you lucky people who don't suffer from this, here's an example (note: this is NOT my arm, just a picture courtesy of the always fabulous Google Images).


Enter my new dermatologist. He took one look, and prescribed Differin Gel for me. It's covered by insurance (or at least by my insurance), and I think the co-pay is like $15. You apply it once a day, at bedtime in a thin layer over the affected area. That's it!


I've used it TWICE. That's right, TWICE, and the red bumps...drumroll please...are almost completely gone!!!

I think this is a cause for celebration - wish I was drinking something a little stronger than Starbucks white tea... :)

No comments: