Monday, March 16, 2009

Workout Accountability.

I've GOT to get into shape for this little project I have coming up at the end of April! Unfortunately, I love working out like I love getting a root canal, so this may be quite the difficult undertaking :)

Yesterday, Newlywed Hubby dragged me to the gym (you think I'm kidding, but he literally had to drag me), and I did about 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer and 20 minutes of weights and abs. And I did all that despite the fact that I was gagging on the nasty sweat-scent that all gyms have, being hit on by some disgusting meat head (Hello! My husband is standing right next to me, you big roided-up idiot!), and Newlywed Husband neglecting to stop and get me a magazine to read while on the elliptical.

But you know, it wasn't totally horrible. I have that nice 'sore-enough-to-know-you-actually-worked-out-hard-enough-to-do-something-but-not-so-bad-you-can't-move' feeling, and it was nice to see Newlywed Husband so excited and happy about working out. (He doesn't get much time to work out, since he works so many hours at his job).

In the spirit of being tightened and toned by the end of April, I'm starting to post my workouts in the sidebar...feel free to leave me comments if I start slacking~!!!

What do you do to get in shape? Tell me, tell me, please!

{P.S. Has anyone tried the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD? I'm trying it for the first time tonight...}

post signature

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

You can do it!!! Let me know how the 30 Day Shred is, I want to buy it because I've heard great things!

courtney said...

I just started doing Michelle Khai's Kettlenetics Slim and Tone and I really like it but I have been thinking about buying the 30 Day Shred so let us know what you think...for some reason I like doing dvds rather then going to the gym.

kadler said...

Hm, to say that I'm in shape would be a stretch. When I do work out, it's at the gym (usually treadmill then weights, though I also like classes, just am horrible about getting the timing right). Other than that... marathon shopping trips??

Lucky in Love said...

I have a gym membership as well and I do elliptical, treadmill, abs, weights, and sometimes take a class (yoga, pilates, Zumba)...not all on one day!

I have heard great things about the 30 day shred and tried to pick it up this weekend buy Walmart was out. I'm going to order it....so let me know how it is!

Karen said...

I am mainly a runner (inside during the 8 months of snow and outside during our 4 months they call summer and I call spring).

I also personally love the Winsor Pilates DVDs they are short, work, and you can do them even if your not flexible (which I am not).

Amy said...

I am a class person--I need that accountability/competetion aspect. I do a spinning class twice a week and body pump(weights) class twice a week--I usually do the elliptical or treadmill before that class. I am trying to incorporate a yoga class in too.

VanessasRunway said...

You have one cute blog! I have to drag myself to the gym too, but I get so bored doing the same machines. I thinking taking different work out classes would be funner?!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I love the Shred! It's so fun!

The Shabby Princess said...

Ah! I feel you on the not loving the gym. I go regularly--as in, 4 times a week, but, it's like pulling teeth to get me there--I'm just vain and know that I HAVE to go. I run on the treadmill, do weights and take a yoga class. I'm not by any means a super fit person who looks like she works out regularly (boo!), but, I try to look at it as making a healthy choice for me and that when I have children, I'll be able to pass those lessons onto them.... Thinking of it like that does help!

In This Wonderful Life said...

I eat less carbs...though I need to be working out!! I sometimes ride my bike...in my bedroom!