Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kitchens and Bathrooms - Oh My!

With all of our recent bathroom renovations, and discussions of moving/building a new house/renting I've been thinking about what is most important to me in a home. This is definitely not the norm for me, I've never been big on interior design, decoration, blah blah blah - give me a credit card and drop me off at Neiman's, I'd rather have a new pair of shoes than a Kohler sink any dang day!

But, I suppose that if we are going to make a change in our living locale, I might as well be sure it's going to be something that I like as much as Newlywed Husband.

First important thing - the Kitchen - my favorite room to spend time in!

I love the homey, warm feeling of this kitchen, and the booth/dining table combo is fabulous! (This is Lance Armstrong's kitchen, by the way). The shelf near the ceiling with the leaning pictures is adorable as well.



Um, I'm seriously in love with the light feel of this kitchen, it's kind of kitschy without going over the top. Oh, and Must. Have. That. Chandelier.



This is definitely not my style (nor is it Newlywed Husband's), it's a bit too modern and stark for us. I do love that there is so much light, and lots of white definitely appeals to me in a kitchen. {P.S. this is Ross Perot Jr.'s kitchen...}



Yes please. I'm in love. The white ceiling, the dark barstools, the pretty little plants in the windowsill. Newlywed Husband, do you hear me? I want this kitchen please!



This one is pretty and homey, but it's definitely not my favorite. I love it for the gigantic bar/workspace area!



Again, this is a little stark for my taste, the colors are very pretty though. If there was an accent color, like a turquoise blue I think I'd be more of a fan. Definitely getting a tv in my next kitchen, that's a given :) {Giada de Laurentis is the proud owner of this lovely kitchen}



Onto the Master Bathroom, my other 'room of importance'...

Say 'sky blue' and 'glazed tile' to me and my eyes will shine with excitement... paired with a chocolate-colored wood floor, and gorgeous white accents this is a bathroom that I'm ok with spending a LOT of time in!


Just look at those darling shelves, and the open-air shower - love it!


I'm not a huge fan of wood everywhere (ceiling, floor, counters, etc)...it tends to look a little 1970's Hugh Hefner-esque. But, this manages to look refined yet rustic, and the completely glassed in shower is beautiful!



Teal green, a few wood accents, lots of neutrals... perfect for the bathroom. The giant mirror is great (Newlywed Husband can be in charge of cleaning that), and the open shelving with the colored towels is lovely.



What are the rooms in a house that are most important to YOU?


post signature

10 comments:

Jordan said...

LOVE the first 2 kitchens and every bathroom! =]

Children of the 90s said...

I love these, they're all so open and airy. I think whatever room you spend the most time in is most important, so probably the living room or bedroom. I love all of those kitchens, though!

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't know what it is about that white kitchen with the bead board ceilings, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

courtney said...

The first two kitchens are awesome!

No worries on the giveaway, take your time!

The Shabby Princess said...

I love the combination of dark wood with blues in a bathroom. That is my goal for my evil upstairs bathroom (that I currently hate).

You know, when we bought our house, I wasn't really too worried about having a nice master bath because we'd never had a nice one (or any one for that matter). We were really concerned with the living areas of the home and everything like that. The house we bought has an amazing master bath, but, at the time I was very "eh, take it or leave it". I must say, I don't know what I'd do without it! Having an awesome master bath is just what every girl needs, I think!

PS. I never cared much about interior design or anything until we bought our house--now that's where all my money goes!! Ha.

Jordan said...

The blue bathroom is to. die. for. I love it!

Jules said...

The most important rooms to me are the kitchen and the master bedroom (because I wish ours was bigger).

I love the 2nd kitchen photo with the chandelier and the first two bathroom pictures. So nice!

Liana said...

so many to choose from!

kadler said...

Love the kitchen with the yellow countertop!

P.S. I tagged you :)

Sassy Engineer said...

What beautiful rooms! We had to do things on budget in our first house, but I can't wait to see what we can do in our next house (that is a few years down the road though). I'm enjoying our first house for now :) Have a great day!