Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy 1 Year!

Today is the Adventurous Newlywed's 1 Year Anniversary! Not our wedding anniversary, of course (that's September 12th, we are accepting early gifts :). Instead, 1 year ago today is the day Newlywed Husband and I met for the first time ever!

Love at first sight? Did I believe in it before I met Newlywed Husband? Nope. Do I believe in it now? HECK YES I DO!

So what wildly romantic thing did we do to celebrate the day that changed our lives forever? Ummm, does spending 5 hours in the emergency room at Baylor Medical Center Dallas count?

Newlywed Husband has had flu-like symptoms since Friday afternoon, but they have gotten progressively worse, forcing us to resort to seeking medical assistance. The Doc-in-a-Box (aka: urgent care facility) had a 2 1/2 hour wait, so we just headed to the ER. (No, I did not see any doctor's that looked remotely like McSteamy, McDreamy, or Karev. Sigh...).

After 5 hours, about 20 tests, an IV of re-hydrating fluids, the crazy guy in the hallway screaming obscenities for no less than 30 minutes straight...we finally received a very inconclusive diagnosis.

Newlywed Husband apparently has a virus. Unlike an antibacterial infection, the only thing they can do is wait until the virus it works its way throught his system. Ugh. Poor guy, he's spent the past 2 1/2 days in the fetal position on the couch while this danged virus 'works through his system'. That virus and I are going to have a serious come to Jesus meetin' if this lasts much longer, I've about had enough of this torture being inflicted on my poor husband!

In sickness, and in health. I'm still madly in love with this man.

Happy 1 year to us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. Hopefully when your husband is feeling better he will treat you.

OldCinderella said...

Happy anniversary!!!

TexanCouture said...

Hope Newlywed Husband feels better soon!!

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness, I hope he's feeling better! Poor guy!