Friday, February 20, 2009

10 Things I Can Live Without

The Yin to my last post's Yang...here are 10 things I CAN (absolutely, without question) live without.

Untitled

1. Aqua eyeshadow. Looks good on 1% of the population. (That doesn't include you).

2. That sickeningly putrid pukey green. This color makes me gag, and the fact that designers mess up perfectly adorable clothes {see coat above} with this sicky color is upsetting to say the least.

3. The cut-out swimsuit. Can anyone say really weird tan lines???

4. Leather/pleather leggings. Rihanna doesn't even look good in these, so just don't even try to pull this fashion disaster off.

5. Suspenders. Appropriate only if you are a grandfather, or really, truly need these to hold your pants up.

6. Fringed flat sandals. Pocahontas called. She wants her shoes back.

7. Logger chic. Is your name Paul Bunyan? Didn't think so.

8. Colored fishnets. I can deal with the black ones, in non-business situations (please don't try to wear fishnets - black or otherwise - to the office unless your office is on a street corner), but colored ones are just garish. They do NOT say "I'm fashion-forward and trendy". They say, "I shop at Stripper R Us".

9. Black nail polish. Other people can pull this off. I can't, I look like I took a wrong turn at Hot Topic.

10. Really poufy, really short skirts. Unless your goal is to increase the size of your rear by 200%...yeah, I didn't think so.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hahaha! Fun post, you make me laugh!

Kelli said...

too funny & I totally agree w/all of these things!

Elizabeth said...

Your blog is adorable! I stalked it from the Pettijohn's Blog. =)

Cutout swimwsuits are SCARY!!!
So are neon fishnet hose. I guess they might work at a strip club though...

=)
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Are you sure we aren't twins that were separated at birth....? We are in sync on all ten!
tp